I have been using Tabbles since it started and seen how it has developed. Its developer, Andrea, is someone who takes customer support very seriously. Whenever I have had a query or report a bug, he responds quickly. In addition, he has been very generous and has donated Tabbles to help me in my research.

I am an academic researcher, which means reading hundreds of articles for a project. It's easy to create a new project, or container/virtual folder for the project, but each article may have aspects which can be tagged separately. For example, I am beginning a new project on contemporary racism. I created a new Tabble called Racism, which I colour coded - just as I used to do when I used cards for my research at university. I have hundreds of articles, from other projects, which are suitable for this project. It's easy to drop these into this new Tabble, from completed projects. At the same time, I can tag them to remind me they were also part of another Tabble or project.

Many of the articles or information can be combined & Tabbles allows me to view these by using the "plus" sign.Thus,I can open the Racism Tabble & open two or more files at the same time. This "combine" feature means I can group together certain articles. For example, I might have a folder, within the Racism Tabble, called 19th century. Within this, I might want to put certain articles relating to 19th century. I can open & "combine" this specific information, from the articles, on nationalism in Germany. I might have a paper that I recall  is a PDF & I can click on "New extension-tabble" because Tabbles automatically notes the extension of the file and locate the PDF.

As I use the web for my research, Tabbles has a feature for the browser. I predominantly use Chrome and this means I can tag these articles for future reference. 

Every time I save an article, Tabbles lets me "tag" it via a pop-up my desktop.I can even create another Tabble or virtual folder, if necessary. As I research on the web, I can also use Tabbles to store its contents via tagging. One of the best features is to tag a file/article based, for example, on its "name". For this, Tabbles has a system called "auto-tagging" using the auto-tagging rule editor. Each time an article/file has the word "racism" I can use Tabbles to put it into "Racism" Tabble; a pop-up will allow the one-click tagging system in Tabbles.

Without Tabbles, research would take much longer. You don't have to learn relational databases as Tabbles is intuitive. I cannot recommend Tabbles enough. I would be lost without it. 

If you are interested, you can find Tabbles here: http://tabbles.net/