Congratulations and Many Thanks to Lady Gaga!

To the entire world, Lady Gaga is a winner. But to the lupus community she’s a hero. Last night at the 2019 Grammy’s, she won an award for Best Pop Solo in honor of her aunt Joanne who lost her battle with lupus at 19. Afterwards she tweeted:

Lady Gaga Tweet

Lady Gaga has shared the song’s significance on social media. “I have carried a deep grief in my heart over my family’s tragedy. The loss of Joanne affected my father so deeply that it affected me. When he cried, I cried. When he was angry, I was angry. When he was hurt, I hurt. Today I transform this grief to hope and healing. After 10 years with you I still get nervous before the Grammys, but I know I have an angel with me.”

Hear about lupus research from Lady Gaga's dad

Email-graphic-Joe-Germanotta-breaking-th

And watch this video to hear directly from Lady Gaga’s dad, Joe Germanotta, about why he has honoured his sister by actively supporting the Lupus Research Alliance. As a member of our Board of Directors, Joe believes that the research funded by the Lupus Research Alliance is where hope begins. Where our funded research discoveries are breaking through to deliver better treatments and a cure!